Sunday, March 6, 2011

First assignment

Enneagram

My first assignment in preparation for Leadership as a Practice was to complete a RHETI survey through The Enneagram Institute.  The  145 question survey took me a little over an hour to complete with only a few distractions during my session.  Out of 9 personality types, I scored highest as Type 7, The Enthusiast.  My score of 27 points for this type was 5 higher than the next highest score for Type 3, The Achiever.

The description of The Enthusiast seems accurate enough for me:

"Generally, Sevens are excitable, spontaneous, curious, optimistic, eager, outgoing, future-oriented, adventurous, variety-seeking, quick, and talkative. 
Sevens get into conflicts by being scattered, distracted, restless, impatient, thrill-seeking, escapist, over-extended, irresponsible, demanding, and excessive. 
At their best, Sevens are appreciative, bountiful, thoughtful, accomplished, versatile, receptive, grateful, content, quiet, and passionate."
I believe that I am optimistic, future oriented, a seeker of experiences, and generally outgoing.  I do get distracted easily and am sometimes scattered.  I am patient, though I can be restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment